Thursday, March 30, 2017

I 85 Bridge collapse, I 85 fire and bridge collapse


In North Atlanta, Georgia a massive fire broke out underneath the I-85 overpass. Section of the I-85 bridge collapsed as a result of the fire.
Officials said all lanes of the highway were blocked and will be closed for the foreseeable future.
The section of bridge collapsed at about 7pm. With traffic normally heavy in and around Atlanta. The closing of I-85 is sending shock waves thru the community for the future.

I-85 a major north-south artery now closed. Traffic must be diverted to the other already heavily trafficked routes. Longer then normal traffic jams will begin for the commuters in Atlanta. 

Gov. Nathan Deal "It's going to take some time to get it repaired and to get it back in service." He also stated the company that originally built the elevated highway would assess the damage

No comments:

Post a Comment